Bill Signing Ceremonies Held Tomorrow
Honolulu—Lieutenant Governor Shan Tsutsui will sign the following bills passed by the 2013 Hawaii State Legislature in four separate ceremonies:
- House Bill 858, which appropriates funds to the Hawaii Strategic Development Corporation for the HI Growth Initiative. The initiative is an investment program to develop an ecosystem to support high-growth entrepreneurial companies in the State.
- Senate Bill 1349, which reenacts the tax credit for qualified research activities for 6 years.
- Senate Bill 1256, which appropriates funds for the Pacific International Space Center to help bring aerospace technology and corporations to Hawaii, to expand and diversify the Hawaii-based industry, and to provide the training relevant to prepare Hawaii’s workforce for employment in technology-related fields.
- Senate Bill 1221, which appropriates funds for the development of an international flight training center at the University of Hawaii at Hilo and Hawaii Community College.
- House Bill 417, which addresses the primary care physician shortage by appropriating funds for the interdisciplinary Hawaii Health Systems Corporation Primary Care Training Program at Hilo Medical Center.
- House Bill 1396, which appropriates funds for the planning and design of the Nisei Veterans Legacy Center in West Oahu.
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Governor Neil Abercrombie’s Ceremonial Room, 5th Floor, Hawaii State Capitol
Lieutenant Governor Shan Tsutsui will be serving as Acting Governor tomorrow while Governor Abercrombie is in Taiwan from July 9 to 12. Tomorrow will be Lieutenant Governor Shan Tsutsui’s first bill signing ceremony. The Governor must either veto or sign bills into law by July 9, 2013, or allow them to become law without his signature.
This event will be streamed live and accessible at: http://ltgov.hawaii.gov/